· Coordinate the use of facilities and equipment at the marine base to ensure efficient and effective operations.
· Manage the inventory of equipment and spare parts, ensuring that adequate stock levels are maintained.
· Maintain records of equipment and facility usage, inventory, and maintenance.
· Ensure compliance with all relevant safety regulations and standards.
· Develop and implement emergency response plans and procedures.
· Liaise with vessel crews and shore-based personnel to coordinate base operations.
· Develop and deliver training programs for base personnel on safety and operational procedures.
· Assist with the management of budgets and financial performance of the marine base.
· Participate in incident investigations and develop corrective actions to prevent future incidents.
· Ensure that the safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable to ensure a safe working environment.
· Promote and lead a strong HSE culture at all times
· Introduce initiatives that are safety driven with the hope of reducing Incidents and hazards in all operations.
· Participation in the company HSE Observation card, STOP and LSR Self Verification Programs.
· Use their SWA (Stop Work Authority) to stop a job they may feel is unsafe, in order to prevent an accident/incident occurring.
· Work and abide by our 6 life saving rules: energy isolation, working at heights, suspended loads, radiation, confined space and pressure testing, and practice the fatality prevention behaviours that are associated with each life saving rule.